Upcoming Food Bank Dates:
2023 FOOD BANK DATES Christmas Hamper pick up is Friday, Dec. 22nd @ 10am
Click on link above for 2023 dates. Photo below is for upcoming dates in 2024
The Osoyoos Food Bank is held monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month: 5:30p – 7p in the Lower Hall at the Osoyoos Baptist Church.
*Our foodbank serves Osoyoos Permanent residents, including the surrounding area from Road 18 in the north to the Border in the south & from Bridesville in the East to the road to Nighthawk in the West.
*Pre – Registration for 2024 is required
Registration is available on Tuesdays & Thursdays 9am – 12noon in the office, starting January 2nd
Photo Identification for all adults in the home & proof of residency are required.
Examples of proof of residency are: a tenancy agreement, utility bill, or income receipt coming to a local post office box, all of which must be in your name & have a local residency address. Also, bring in birth certificates or health cards for all children 18 and under living in the same household.
*If you are not attending the Food Bank within a 6 month period, we are happy you didn’t need to! If you are again in need, we will require you to register.
*EFFECTIVE THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND, 2023
We will no longer provide boxes/bags for your groceries. Please bring your own.
This is for both Food Mesh Days & the monthly Food Bank days
If you are need of emergency food, please contact the office: 250-495-6581 during office hours only (Tuesday – Friday 9 am – noon) so a representative can be contacted to meet you at the church and help with your food needs. Facebook messenger is not monitored & the foodbank email is only checked periodically so calling for assistance is important. Please Note: It is really important to call during regular office hours to make sure we can arrange for assistance.
for registered foodbank clients and is held on Tuesday & Thursday 10am – 11:30am (except on Food hamper day) Please only visit on one of these days per week.
Held in the Lower Hall of the Church
Cheques can be sent to the church office: 6210 – 97th Street, Osoyoos BC V0H 1V4 or dropped off to the church office Tuesday – Friday 9 am – 12 noon. We also accept e-transfers sent to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online giving available, select link below and in To box use the drop down menu to select Food Bank:
Food donations can be dropped off during church office hours.
Items we are unable to accept include:
- homemade items (jams, jellies, canned items etc.)
- opened food packages
- dented or damaged cans and packaged items
- items close to or past the six month best before date
- expired items (dairy, baby food)
We very much appreciate our generous community in supporting our food bank and at times we receive items we are unable to use. These items may be compromised or not as nutritional and we are required and committed to try to provide as nutritious food as possible to our clients. Food items not meeting standards not only take up volunteer’s time in sorting but we also have to pay for the disposal of these items.
Food Banks BC suggests to Donate With Dignity: We believe that every person should be treated with dignity and for this reason we ask that you don’t donate foods you wouldn’t choose to eat yourself.
Food Drives / Collecting donations for Osoyoos Food Bank:
- If you are organizing a food drive or taking donations for the Osoyoos Food Bank, First of all – Thank You very much for your support! Secondarily, please advise the Food Bank of details (date, time, place & name of organization taking collection). We can advertise your event on our Facebook page and also assure all those making donations that is indeed going to the Food bank. And… last but not least, please include in your advertisement the items the Food bank is unable to accept) list of items can be found above.
- Also….Important to know: the Food Bank does not support any telephone, mail, email or door to door solicitation for money at anytime! And if someone comes to your door looking for food donations for the Osoyoos Food Bank, please ask for a letter of verification and call or check our Facebook page to confirm the collection is indeed supporting the food bank.