April Food Bank:
Due to COVID-19 concerns it is our priority to provide a safe and secure place for our clients and volunteers.
Our volunteers are taking all precautions in cleaning, wearing gloves and only letting a few people in at time to pick up their hampers, we are highly advising those with compromised health or cold symptoms to not attend the Food bank but to please call the office to set up alternative pick up time or if you’re unable to leave your home, set up for a delivery. Office open: 9:00 am to 12 noon – 250-495-6581. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have not yet registered for the Food Bank this year, the Registration form below can be downloaded for your to fill in. After completion of the form please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In need of Food:
The Osoyoos Food Bank is held monthly in the lower hall at the Osoyoos Baptist Church, enter on the south side (door next to office)
Upcoming Food Bank Dates Can Be Found by clicking the above link to the Osoyoos Foodbank Facebook page or here:
If you are need of emergency food, please contact the office: 250-495-6581 during office hours only (Tuesday – Friday 9 am – noon) so a representative can be contacted to meet you at the church and help with your food needs. Please Note: It is really important to call during regular office hours to make sure we can arrange for assistance.
Cheques can be sent to the church office: 6210 – 97th Street, Osoyoos BC V0H 1V4 or dropped off to the church office Tuesday – Friday 9 am – 12 noon. We also accept e-transfers sent to our email: email@example.com.
Food donations can be dropped off during church office hours.
Items we are unable to accept include:
- homemade items (jams, jellies, canned items etc.)
- opened food packages
- dented or damaged cans and packaged items
- items close to or past the six month best before date
- expired items (dairy, baby food)
We very much appreciate our generous community in supporting our food bank and at times we receive items we are unable to use. These items may be compromised or not as nutritional and we are required and committed to try to provide as nutritious food as possible to our clients. Food items not meeting standards not only take up volunteer’s time in sorting but we also have to pay for the disposal of these items.
Food Banks BC suggests to Donate With Dignity: We believe that every person should be treated with dignity and for this reason we ask that you don’t donate foods you wouldn’t choose to eat yourself.
Food Drives / Collecting donations for Osoyoos Food Bank:
- If you are organizing a food drive or taking donations for the Osoyoos Food Bank, First of all – Thank You very much for your support! Secondarily, please advise the Food Bank of details (date, time, place & name of organization taking collection). We can advertise your event on our Facebook page and also assure all those making donations that is indeed going to the Food bank. And… last but not least, please include in your advertisement the items the Food bank is unable to accept) list of items can be found above.
- Also….Important to know: the Food Bank does not support any telephone, mail, email or door to door solicitation for money at anytime! And if someone comes to your door looking for food donations for the Osoyoos Food Bank, please ask for a letter of verification and call or check our Facebook page to confirm the collection is indeed supporting the food bank.